Saturday, November 6, 2010

Compiling wireplay on x86_64 machines

I found a really neat tool for software fuzzing and general debugging called wireplay a few days ago. I finally got around to trying it out today, but found out pretty quickly it doesn't work right out of the box! A few bugs kept me from compiling wireplay cleanly on my machine, so I am posting them here (after emailing the author of course) so others can maybe get it working as well.

Bug #1: The makefile will only work for x86 machines. You can fix this
by using this as your RUBYINC line in the makefile

RUBYINC := /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/$(shell uname -m)-linux

The current version hardcodes i486 which will not work on all
machines. This way it is more dynamic


Bug #2: libnids1.23 does not compile due to missing expression in
#elif in killtcp.c. You can fix it with the following

On line 121, change
#elif

to

#elif LIBNET_VER != 0

No comments:

Post a Comment