Monday, October 22, 2007

Wasting time between builds

I hate waiting for my SquashFS roots to finish building (on my dual core laptop, it can take anywhere from 3 1/2 - 5 minutes, on my single core desktop, it takes 12-15 minutes). Usually, I work on my laptop since I hate staying in one place for more than a couple hours and most of my free time is spent doing some kind of work on my laptop. Most of you probably think I have the most boring life of all, go to work and work on computers, then come home and work on computers (though I do hardware at work and mainly software at home). I need to find something worth doing in the times mentioned above that could make me a teeny bit productive. You can't really start looking at any code, that can consume many hours before you realise how much time has gone by. I guess I could start organising the music in my Misc folder, all 6 gigs of it...


BTW, I wrote this while a SquashFS root was building. If you have any suggestions, I will gladly listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment