Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I should probably rethink this...

I tell people that the fastest way to get a hold of me is either email/IRC/Jabber. I realised today, I doubt that is possible because most people I know aren't on their computers 24/7 like I am. I keep my cell turned off because I hate it when people call me. It disrupts what I am doing and is a general PITA. I keep my laptop sitting next to my bed at night which enables me to do whatever I need to do at short notice. A lot of really good ideas come to me when I sleep, be it code or project, so I just pop open my lid, open up gedit and type in the idea. Email/IRC/Jabber makes a noise that would wake me up if it played, so no matter when you message me, I will probably respond within a timely matter.

I realise I am probably the only person in the world that does this, but it is better than a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment