Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Happy Medium

I love programming. I also love being social, having friends over, etc... But the problem is that the two don't mix well at all. I could go on and not talk to people for days as long as I was in the middle of a good project or two. It has happened before, it will probably happen again. I could also stop programming in my free time and go hang out with people instead. This isn't optimal (at all). I have yet to find a happy medium of the two. Yes, I am a programmer by trade. Sometimes, work is a bit slow and I don't get much programming done, but other days it is all that I do (especially at the beginning of a project). I love it (outside of writing documentation). I really don't want to end up like a lot of (open-source) developers that spend their whole life programming, not starting any families, etc...

There is a happy medium out there, I just have yet to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment