Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ban smoking everywhere? I think not.

I just received an email from Facebook telling me someone invited me to a group to "Ban Smoking Everywhere". I am royally pissed now. I hate smoking just as much as the next guy, but who are we to just go and ban it _everywhere_? I have been quite pleased with the ban on smoking in restaurants here in DFW. That is more than enough for me. I see absolutely no reason to ban smoking everywhere. It isn't our business to do so.

In other news, I unlocked my new (my bosses old) Nokia today, so I now have a cell phone again. The number is the same (682-560-9975), but all my contacts are gone. Please send me your phone numbers if I have ever called you. If I haven't, you can send me the number, but I might not add you. Danke!

EDIT: Compiling a project with Mono using the 2.0 framework, I get a Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll not found. I quick grep shows that it is there:

bperry@bperry-desktop:~$ sudo find / | grep Sqlite | grep gac
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Data.SqliteClient
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Data.SqliteClient/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Data.SqliteClient/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll.config
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Data.SqliteClient/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Data.SqliteClient/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll.mdb
bperry@bperry-desktop:~$

It is installed in the GAC, so why can't it be found by gmcs?

EDIT II: I don't know what I am going to do about my desktop...I think I need to reload it. libmono-sqlite-2.0 is indeed installed, but while working on the database SQL stuff, the assembly disappeared...literally. It just vanished. Before I can reload though, I need to get a new DVD-ROM drive. That is part of my problem, I opted to go cheap about 2 years ago, and now it is coming back and biting me. Whenever I install _any_ OS, random packages get flubbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment