Saturday, November 24, 2007

My HardInfo

There is a program called HardInfo in the Ubuntu repos (it crashes on Gutsy, but not on Feisty. It came from the Debian repos, so someone needs to manage it for Ubuntu) and it is like ASTRA32, except free and not as "featureful". You can, however, export your report to HTML like I did here with my system. It is really neat to know what is going on under the hood of my laptop (even though I have taken it apart dozens of times), but the benchmarks make me sad since the AMD 3200+ is beating me in the MD5 and SHA1 summing (if you read the report, I have a dual-core AMD Turion which isn't great, but I didn't think it was that bad). It is a really neat program and I would like to find a use for it at work (like before and after reports after upgrading hardware). Also, I ordered Quake Wars last night for 20 bucks. I guess that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment