Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TorrentFlux on VolatileMinds (pt. 2)

Still working on TorrentFlux, found out what I need to do. For some reason, the webserver doesn't have GLibc 2.4, just 1.2. When I compile Python, I have the libglibc2.4-dev, so I am creating an incompatible standalone installation. I am installing Debian Sid in a VM and will install libglib1.2-dev, then compile python.

To find out what OS the server is running (404 wouldn't tell me), I wrote a little PHP script to run uname -a:

$uname = system("uname -a");

It prints:

Linux host2.wildcatservers.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Aug 12 09:39:11 CDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

So, I am assuming it is Debian (the GNU/Linux part).

Hopefully, this will be the end of the Python problems (that was the only error I was getting).

EDIT: It has nothing to do with GLib, but the OS being compiled on. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment