Monday, October 29, 2007

In the mean time...

So, tomorrow I have an appointment with a Comp Sci professor/advisor about my schedule for next semester. Since I am not undeclared, apparently I meet with whichever professor is present at the time the lady at the front desk tells you. Right now, I am declared as a Software Engineering major and I don't see that changing unless something happens in my head that makes me hate computers. Have you ever seen the movie Antitrust? If you have, do you remember the scene in the coffee shop when Milo asked the chick if someone ever just hands her code and she says maybe once, but she reconfigured it anyway? That is what I do. I try to look at the code of the programs I use most just so I know what is going on under the hood (that was how I found the rather severe Gaim bug (BOF) about a year and a half ago back).
I am compulsive, I know it, and I enjoy every minute of it. I love learning how things work (code isn't the only thing I take apart, clocks, radios, blenders, hair dryers, anything with gears really). I am sure whoever my wife will be will eventually leave me because I will take her hair dryer apart, forget to turn down the variable resistor down (yeah, they still make hair dryers with those) and burns half the hair on the left side of her head.

Anyway, in the mean time, watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment